Dark Gates - 0.7
Bartosz Debski (braqoon)
Game inspired by paper RPG tiled game "Death Maze" or "Labirynt Smierci" released in Poland long time ago. Game will feature random generated maze (while you playing), monsters, treasures, etc. Aim of the game is to find Dark Gates and kill Unnamed in order to destory Dark Gates.
Play Dark Gates
First update in 2014 finally arrived. This time we have got a bunch of new stuff so let's see what new release have on offer.
Finally all playable heroes have their own avatars while in fight. That was the last thing on the list which was holding other changes to be looked at. No more black silhouettes. Original game art is finally complete.
This is probably the most interesting change in this release. Some monster have gained special abilities which will change how you fight against those monsters. Those special abilities will either affect your heroes or it will help monster in the fight. What are those abilities you ask ?
- Hydra - If wounded, agility increases +1 with each turn, which in the end increases damage of Hydra's attack,
- Kronk - They smell so badly that affected heroes are -2 on agility. Hero ability to not be affected by smell depends on resistance stat.
- Troll - If wounded, Trolls can heal themselves (+1) on every each third turn.
- Spider - while facing a spider, heroes needs to watch out for spider web. On each turn spider extrudes web towards all heroes. Each hero if affected will lose ability to perform an attack. Ability to deflect this web depends again on resistance stat.
- Gorgon - It can turn peoples into stones. If hero in front row, middle position will fall under the spell it will be out of the fight. Hero still can be killed. Ability to deflect depend on resistance stat.
- Sorcerer & Unnamed - They will cast an lightning spell instead of normal attack. They will do so until casting another spell will kill them.
New elements to Fight arena UI has been added. Information about the current phase of the battle and effects that are in place are placed on left top corner for the screen. This release also introduces permanent death to heroes regardless of which difficulty you are playing on. Previously a killed hero could have been selected again. This no longer possible. Stats for most of the heroes and few monsters has been touched to provide a more balanced gameplay. Few additions also has been made to game sounds department and a new spell "Mass Heal" is available to be selected.
Changelog - Release 0.7.0
New: In fight avatars: All Zebest, Alryk, Curvenol, Dalmilandril, Dierdra, Eodred, Maytwist, Gwaigilion, Sliggoth, Gislan, Larraka, Linfalas, Theregond, Weldron,
New: Monsters (Hydra, Kronk, Troll, Spider, Gorgon, Sorcerer, Unnamed) have special skills/spells which affect fight,
New: Permadeath - Killed heroes no longer can be selected back into party when continuing saved game,
New: Doors are now displayed on corridor tiles,
New: Enhanced fight screen UI,
New: Sounds for Female heroes, Spider, Warg/Werewolf,
New: Dark Gates are visible on mini map after placement.
New: Spell - Mass Heal
Change: Adjustments in frame rate to make menus more responsive
Change: Monsters and heroes stats adjustment.
Version 0.7.0 will be available on 11th of April.
Play Dark Gates on Desura or on Gamers Gate
click to view original size
|Dark Gates - 1.1 ||- Apr 3, 2015|
|Dark Gates - 1.0 ||- Jan 7, 2015|
|Dark Gates - 0.9 ||- Aug 26, 2014|
|Dark Gates - 0.8.0 ||- Jun 10, 2014|
|Dark Gates - 0.7 ||- Apr 9, 2014|
|Dark Gates - 0.6.0 ||- Dec 27, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.5.0 ||- Oct 29, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.4.2 ||- Jul 11, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.4.1 ||- Apr 26, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.4.0 ||- Apr 5, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.3.1 ||- Feb 6, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.3.0 ||- Jan 21, 2013|
|Dark Gates - 0.2.1 alpha ||- Oct 29, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.2.0 alpha ||- Jul 30, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.1.3 alpha ||- Feb 24, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.1.2 alpha ||- Jan 31, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.1.1 alpha ||- Jan 12, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.1 alpha ||- Jan 8, 2012|
|Dark Gates - 0.1a ||- Jul 26, 2010|
|Dark Gates - 0.01 ||- Jun 7, 2010|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Sep 24, 2016
Sep 21, 2016
Sep 19, 2016
Sep 17, 2016
Sep 7, 2016
Aug 30, 2016
Aug 24, 2016
Aug 3, 2016
Aug 2, 2016
Aug 1, 2016