Python PyGame Tower Defence
Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.6
Austin Morgan (duckfin)
I'm closing the gap to Beta status. I'll be giving this project the Beta tag when it hits version 0.9. I've got a lot of work to go before it gets there, but the game is already quite playable. The basics are typical to Tower Defense games all over.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- EventFunctions.leftCheckSelect added to check for clicking on icons or towers.
- Mouse click events changed so you can select a different tower even when there is already a tower selected.
- Mouse click events changed so you can left click an empty area to deselect a tower.
- Towers can be selected directly even with an icon selected.
- EventFunctions now return True if they had an effect, and False if no actions were taken.
- Towers no longer print their damage amounts (part of the debugging code was left in, in the last release).
- EventFunctions.placeTower created to handle placement of towers.
- EventFunctions.leftSelectedIcon created to check for valid conditions to call placeTower.
- EventFunctions changed to typically return in the form: selected,XXXb where XXXb is a boolean indicating change, with XXX being the function initials.
- EventFunctions.leftAlreadySelected created to manage left clicking while having a selected that isn't changing.
- EventFunctions.mouseButtonUp created to handle entire mouse click event structure.
- Changed "if" statements in event checklist to "elif" for a (very) slight bump in event speed.
- EventFunctions.nextWave created to handle the event of asking for next wave.
- MainFunctions.dispIcons created to handle display of icons.
- Main event structure slightly reworked to, again, bump the speed very slightly.
- MainFunctions.workEvents created to completely handle all events.
- Event structure modified (yet again) to re-enable quitting...
- Began moving base enemy stats into types: EnemyTypes created.
- Enemy speed changed to base=1.
- Type column in mapproperties replaces XP column.
- Enemy types: Weak (1 cr, half hp) and Healthy (2 cr, 3/4 speed, but high hp).
- Since enemy cost is now held in EnemyTypes, the Cost column of mapproperties is changed to Time. This is the delay between each enemy in a wave.
- EnemyType Speedy added: half again cost and speed.
- Player starts with only 30 cr, towers costs are reduced, tower ability costs reduced.
- Simple map's mapproperties changed around, possibly balanced (?!?!), and end wave added.
- localdefs.genEnemyImageArray changed to load different images for each type.
- Tower abilities now check to see if player has the needed credits to upgrade.
- Now, when a Tower is selected and showing its abilities as icons, you can move the cursor over an icon and it will display the name and cost/profit for the option.
- Ability icons' info now is restricted to the screen.
- Fixed new issue with using upgrades.
click to view original size
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.7 ||- Aug 27, 2013|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.6 ||- Dec 17, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.5 ||- Nov 18, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.3 ||- Jun 15, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.1 ||- Apr 14, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.0 ||- Mar 10, 2012|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.7 ||- Jan 28, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.6 ||- Jan 13, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.5 ||- Jan 9, 2011|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.7 ||- Apr 1, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.6 ||- Mar 14, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.5 ||- Mar 11, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.4 ||- Mar 9, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.3 ||- Mar 2, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.2 ||- Feb 25, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.1 ||- Feb 25, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.0 ||- Feb 21, 2010|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.5 ||- Oct 14, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.4 ||- Oct 13, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.2 ||- Oct 12, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.3.0 ||- Oct 11, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.6 ||- Oct 8, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.4 ||- Oct 7, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.2 ||- Oct 6, 2009|
|Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.2.1 ||- Oct 6, 2009|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Nov 17, 2015
Nov 12, 2015
Nov 11, 2015
Nov 8, 2015
Oct 16, 2015
Oct 9, 2015
Sep 11, 2015
Sep 6, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
Aug 25, 2015