tutorials — wiki
These are some recent tutorials on various pygame topics:
On-line books using Python and Pygame
- Program Arcade Games by Paul V Craven. Introduction to programming using Python and Pygame. The book also contains quite a bit of example code for learning to program with Pygame and Python. Site includes animated code examples, video, and interactive quizzes.
- Making Games with Python & Pygame - A free Pygame book that includes several example games and explains how each one works. Assumes some knowledge of Python.
- Rapid Game Development with Python - by Richard Jones. The basics of pygame are introduced with the example of a simple racing game. Then the program is improved by introducing classes.
- sjbrown's Guide to Writing Games Advanced tutorial for object oriented and design pattern based programming. Shows how to design your game in a way that network playing can be added later on.
- Tutorials by DR0ID
- PyGame object oriented tutorials by przemo_li
- "Intro to PyGame" CourseHero course by maaack
- Thepythongamebook tutorial about Pygame
Pygame Tutorials on Specific Topics
- piman's sprite tutorial
- Screencasts and tutorials at Scriptedfun, making an arkanoid type game
- A tutorial for sound in Pygame
- A tutorial on making a top-down tile-based game
- PyGame Physics Youtube Tutorials by maaack
- Creating a 2D Minecraft style game
- YouTube series creating a top down racing game with Python 3
- Creating a Game in Python using PyGame
- TextWidget - A simple text class for PyGame - A tutorial about working with text in PyGame!
- Introdução a Programação de Jogos usando PyGame (Introduction to Game Development using PyGame). This covers the basics and the final target is a good side-scrolling game.
- All Pygame tutorials Questa Ã¯Â¿Â½ una traduzione non ufficiale del tutorial su pygame di Pete Shinners, curata dagli utenti di python-it.
- Sur Wikibooks, Traduction complï¿½te des tutoriels officiels de Pete Shinners.
- Python Game Programming (Greek) - A free Pygame book for Greek audiences. Introduces programming in a fun way. No previous experience required.
- Isometric Game Part 1 - Introduction to pygame
- Isometric game part 2 - Sprites
- Isometric game part 3 - Collisions
- Isometric game part 4 - Pygame, OpenGL and fairies
- Isometric game part 5 - to draw a 2D map
- Isometric game Part 6 - to draw a map of an isometric
- Cz.7 isometric game - mouse in the world of isometries
- PyGame – pierwsze podejście do tworzenia gry 2d