Cheese Boys - 0.1.0
Luca Fabbri (keul)
In a sort of silly post-apocalyptic world, in early 21 century, the major part of the planet is enslaved under the rule of a mysterious group of five obscure entities that held some sort of magic power and lead the human kind to a slave state and a dark medieval age.
They are know as Cheese Boys.
Your adventure start in the year 12 of the Cheese Boys Era, exactly 12 year after the Cheese War. Those powerful beings wins this conflict again the world's countries army, thanks to the Disease that they spread over men. This magic illness slowly transforms the greater part of humans in a kind of mindless barbarian warriors under the Cheese Boys control.
After all those year of war the old know world, with its countries and organizations, is only a far memory of an happy past.
But there is one, lonely, population on the entire planet that seems immune to the Disease, and live free in a region where the Cheese Boys minions can't enter.
What dark secrets are hidden behind the Cheese Boys? How they obtain those evil powers? Can the human kind be freed?
To install requirement released on the cheeseshop
just use the
See my personal page about distutils
for more infos.
As the project comment are not so friendly (I get no notification of new comments and so I look if some pygamers write something only in the days after a new release), I create a blog of the project itself
I hope I'll see you there!
For whatever reason: lucafbb AT gmail com
You can access to latest software version from the Git repository.
Help is always wanted!
- Use F1 to enable/disable fullscreen during the game.
- Move the hero with mouse left button. Keep pressed and the hero will follow the cursor.
- Right click on an enemy to begin a hunt of him: the hero will begin following and attack him.
- Use the X button to attack without hunt down the enemy or if you don't want that the hero move toward him, or to stop the scrolling of the level when walking near the borders.
- CRTL key stop the time, giving you time to send orders to Boscolo.
- Use the SHIFT key to enter in stealth mode.
- Use the Z key to perform a withdraw (for now isn't helping a lot). The withdraw is done in a direction opposite to mouse pointer position!
- Use the space key to exit from text displayed during the gameplay.
- During presentation you can control the animation speed using LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS.
- With 0 key you can shout something (not useful for now).
After some month (where my attention has been lead away by other stuff), a very good release is here! This is the most important release ever, because many new (but wanted for a long time) features are now implemented...
...also is the most buggy... I've now many things to fix!
The most important news is the presentation!
The game demo now is a short humor game where the game's characters know that they are only playing a videogame (just for fun... the game will become a little serious in future)!
- From now are released also the Windows versions of the game (unluckily I didn't find the 1.7.1 Win32 version of pygame so I used the untested 1.8.1... there is a little problem with the transparent level exit sprites...)!
- Added the rain and wind effects.
- Added speech and shout behaviour for characters (used only in presentation mode for now).
- Hit point color now change with healt value.
- Added the presentation support!
- Added the text level intro feature.
- BUG - the console area (again, not used) was blitted in a wrong way.
- Added thunder, lighting and stains sprites.
- BUG - position primitives of GameSprite classes were very messy.
- The game can be now launched in fullscreen mode with the -f option.
- Now the game is multi-level, and you can switch levels using LevelExit sprites.
- Added a second enemy image set. Special thanks to "The Mage" from charasproject.net.
- BUG - fixed the "infinite hitten" behaviour.
- Added gates which close paths.
- Sprite text tips enanched.
- Added the trigger module.
Next release (0.1.1) will be a bug fix of the current one. There's many little problems in the code that I ignored for a long time.
Also is possible a migration to the 1.8.x version on pygame (the game works now too on this version, but many feature need to be rewritten in a better way).
The super new feature (the presentation module) need also a simplification! Its too difficult now to write a long scene!
Is also possible that other level will be added, but bugfix/code refactoring is my next scope.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Oct 20, 2014
Oct 16, 2014
Oct 9, 2014
Oct 8, 2014
Oct 7, 2014
Oct 4, 2014
Oct 1, 2014
Sep 19, 2014
Sep 17, 2014
Sep 9, 2014
Sep 8, 2014
Sep 7, 2014