Galcon - 1.3.1
Phil Hassey (phil)
arcade pygame strategy space multiplayer ludumdare pgu explosions philhassey commercial awesome shareware swig pyplus reallyawesome
Galcon was originally created for the April 2006 Ludum Dare competition. It won the contest with first places in four categories and second place in the fifth.
The game was developed over the six months after the LD competition. It now includes 7 different computer opponents, network play, much improved graphics, etc.
Galcon uses pygame, pgu, and pyplus to create some swig extensions for the graphically intense parts of the game.
Announcing Galcon 1.3.0 - with the new mods system completed! This release includes the classic Missions, six example mods, and six *amazing* new missions and mods by Galcon users!
- ThirdMissions - A set of Missions by ThirdParty, these missions are geared towards advanced players who want to hone their skills.
- Gnip Nuke - Ever want to just BLOW UP A PLANET? Well, now you can. SirGnip has brought us this great fun new mod! Neutralize planets by the dozen with your nukes!
- Symmetry - Another jewel by ThirdParty - finally, you can play a fair round against the computer and see how you stack up against it. All maps are symetrical, and thus guaranteed to give equal positioning to all players.
- Map Editor - Galcon now includes a map editor, allowing you to try creating your own planet layouts and try them against the computer.
- Gnip Elite - Another one by SirGnip - this one lets you have an "elite fleet" which gets special bonus when attacking planets. Quite fun!
There are a handful of other new mods, so check them out! The best bit is, you won't have to download and install the mods by hand anymore, they are included right in the game under the "Single Player" menu item! Please come to the website and post in the forum and tell SirGnip and ThirdParty thanks for their great mods!
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.