Multi-player Snake experiment
Multi-player Snake experiment - 0.1
Henning von Bargen (hvbargen)
In December I told my son that around 1986 I wrote a snake game for my ZX spectrum (the idea is even older), with sound and all. He asked if I could show him. Well, no! I don't have the tape(!) anymore.
But, I wondered, how long it would take to develop the game anew?
But this time with a multi-player mode, 'cause multi-player games are most fun to play.
And although I prefer Python, I wanted to give Java a chance. This was my plan:
On one evening:
* decide which game library to use (candidates where "pygame" and "processing")
* download and install each one
* try to find a simple existing snake implementation
* choose one of the libraries
* write a little doc about why I chose (guess:) pygame.
* Create sound rules for a multi-player version of snake.
* Understand the existing implementation
And then as soon as possible create a running implementation of the multi-player game.
Well, this is the result.
click to view original size
|Multi-player Snake experiment - 0.1 ||- Jan 16, 2011|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jun 25, 2016
Jun 19, 2016
Jun 17, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jun 3, 2016
Jun 1, 2016
May 27, 2016
May 21, 2016
May 18, 2016