Quabro - 0.5.0
Tommi Helander (eddix)
Quabro is an arcade game where the object is to clear away the blocks on the screen by hitting them with the ball, controlled by four paddles on each side of the screen, without letting the ball leave the screen.
- 20 playable levels
- 5 difficulty levels that modify the game speed and score
- Items hidden in blocks which are released when the block is destroyed (currently 5 different items)
The game is very early in development, therefore it's recommended for testing/preview purposes only. Bugs and unexpected behaviour are to be expected and there might be big changes in features, levels and gameplay between these early versions of the game.
Comments are more than welcome and at the moment I'm especially interested in constructive feedback about the gameplay, as well as experiences with different operating systems (I can currently test the game on Windows (XP, 7) and Linux) and different versions of Python and Pygame.
System requirements (tested on):
-Python 2.6.5 or later (3.x as well)
-Pygame 1.8.1 or later
GPL, version 3
New in version 0.5:
- Added bonus items that are stored inside blocks and released when the block is destroyed. There are currently three types of items: score bonus, lengthen paddles upgrade and shorten paddles downgrade.
- Rewritten and simplified levelset system: levelsets are now stored in simple text files and placed in the 'levels' sub-directory
- Reconstructed default levelset with 10 playable levels.
- Bug fix: the ball doesn't start from unexpected places under any circumstances anymore.
- Small changes in the user interface
click to view original size
|Quabro - 0.6.1 ||- May 5, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.6 ||- Apr 12, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.5.1 ||- Mar 23, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.5.0 ||- Mar 9, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.4.1 ||- Feb 3, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.4 ||- Jan 29, 2012|
|Quabro - 0.3 ||- Dec 6, 2011|
|Quabro - 0.2.1 ||- Nov 13, 2011|
|Quabro - 0.2 ||- Oct 29, 2011|
|Quabro - 0.1 ||- Oct 9, 2011|
|Quabro - Pre-alpha 4 ||- Sep 18, 2011|
|Quabro - Pre-alpha 3 ||- Aug 30, 2011|
|Quabro - Pre-alpha 2 ||- Aug 14, 2011|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Jan 28, 2015
Jan 24, 2015
Jan 20, 2015
Jan 15, 2015
Jan 14, 2015
Jan 7, 2015
Jan 4, 2015
Dec 30, 2014