Spacefalling - 1.1
A simple 2d-space-shooter with single and two player modes.
You steer a spaceship on the bottom of the screen and try to destroy the falling ufos before they hit you or the earth. If you survive a wave of ufos, you will encounter the Boss, the game gets harder each time you defeat him.
Featuring single player and coop mode, music and (not very good) sounds, 20 spaceship designs as well as local highscores.
The game is free for you to use, change and distribute as long as its for free and you refer to this site as the original source.
Open spacefalling.py to start the game. In menu use left/right arrow key for player one to choose ship, and a/s key for player two. Use up/down to choose menu option and space to confirm. In game player one uses left/right to steer and up to shoot, player two uses a/d to steer and w to shoot.
- The shield and speedup powerups do now have the same duration for both players
- The boss's lifebar is now wider and red, so it is easier to see
- This lifebar will now also be deleted from left to right instead of from right to left
- Ufos can't go outside the right border of the game screen anymore
- The boss should not get stuck in the borders anymore
- Added two new powerups:
- Movespeed (Green with four black arrows):
your ship will move faster for a short time
- Badufo (Red with a orange ufo):
only orange ufos will spawn for a short time
If you want to keep your highscore: copy the file highscore.pkl from your old spacefalling folder into the new one and overwrite.
Spacefalling 1.0 — 22 Jun, 2011
Spacefalling 1.1 — 23 Jul, 2011
Spacefalling 1.2 — 17 Jul, 2012
Pygame.org account Comments