Stupendous Source Of Fire
Stupendous Source Of Fire - alpha4
Thiago Chaves de Oliveira Horta (shundread)
Wizards fight each other in different arenas using exploding fireballs, bouncing lightning bolts, target-locking magic missiles and magic swords that deflect spells.
This game is in very beginning stages. It did take me long to reach it's current state, but a good part of the code is already well-structured enough to allow me to evolve the game to the next stages quicker.
Long-term wishlist (I may or may not start working on those for the next release already):
- Decoupling world updates and screen updates.
- Decoupling drawing from absolute positions so that the game may work exactly in the same way in different resolutions.
- Inclusion of powerups.
- A non-hideous UI.
- Complete control customization.
- More project members.
- The game has evolved yet further. Now the game accepts keyboard control too and the game no longer crashes if joysticks aren't present. Whenever present, joysticks are the default controllers.
- The game now announces the player's victory after enough mages are defeated. I decided to allow a slack of a few seconds before announcing the victor so that ties can happen. =)
- Up to 4 players can play at the same time now. I don't think I'll extend the number of players since the maps are quite small and I don't feel like scrolling belongs in this game. I have tested the game once with 3 players and there's enough chaos under these conditions. ;) For the moment it is necessary to have joysticks to have more than 2 players playing at once.
- Unannounced, but present since alpha3: the sword now also may be used to cause damage.
- The user interface looks very horrible. And that is not necessarily intentional.
- The game doesn't prevent you from trying to assign the same controller to more than one player. Under such conditions, the game behaves oddly.
- In an attempt to prevent the new release from taking too long, I ended up adding lots of hideous code to the game. These must be reviewed and cleaned in future editions.
- The sword hits everything around the mage, it should hit only stuff in front of the mage. It's not a bug, but rather a feature caused by programmer laziness.
Planned for alpha5:
- "Some" code cleanup.
- Improved graphics and effects (volunteers are welcome to the project!).
- Small game physics improvement.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Apr 17, 2015
Apr 13, 2015
Apr 12, 2015
Apr 9, 2015
Apr 3, 2015
Apr 2, 2015
Mar 28, 2015
Mar 27, 2015
Mar 25, 2015